Sometimes, the best things in life are the simplest. Take this Avocado Walnut Salad: crunchy, smooth, crisp, soft, succulent, and fresh all in one forkful. Oodles of healthy fats, and a handful of nutrient-dense leafy greens. PERFECT.
I conjured this up in my early days of low-carbing, and it has remained a staple in the Brown house since.
Two kinds of lettuce – one buttery and soft, one crisp and slightly bitter – plus creamy avocado pieces and crunchy walnuts all combine in every bite, held together with a slightly sweet and slightly tangy, flavorful herb dressing. Cool, refreshing, delicious. The Avocado Walnut Salad is the perfect accompaniment for a hearty plate of pretty much anything: a beautiful steak, some delicious KETO Lasagna, a super juicy pork chop, or simply add a sliced grilled chicken breast (skin on!) and call it good.
Quick and easy to throw together, and beautiful greens to brighten up the table.
Avocado Walnut Salad
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
What You Need
- 1 Butter or Bibb lettuce
- 1 Romaine lettuce
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/2 TBSP xylitol OR erythritol
- 2 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- coarse sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 avocados
- 2 oz. / 55g shelled walnuts, chopped into large pieces
What You Do
- Tear the lettuces into large pieces and place in a serving dish or bowl.
- Whisk the olive oil, xylitol OR erythritol, white wine vinegar, parsley, and oregano in a small bowl until completely blended. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel and stone the avocados and then slice.
- Add avocado slices to the dressing and carefully turn to coat them thoroughly.
- Spoon the avocado slices evenly over the bed of lettuce.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad.
- Sprinkle the walnuts evenly on top.
Top Recipe Tips
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More sides recipes
- Laugh and learn with us over at The Ketovangelist Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Ketovangelist Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!