Bacon, cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing are three of my favorite flavors, and I think it's safe to say that's a pretty ubiquitous sentiment across the United States. Bacon Cheddar Ranch is a major thing at pretty much every restaurant across the continent. With a little bit of prep, and some of my favorite Ketovangelist Kitchen recipes, you can make an awesome salad that hits all those flavors in the combination we all love so much.
Notes: This refreshing side dish can be easily made ahead. I've taken this to picnics and potlucks, and it always gets raves. As with most refrigerator-type salads, it is even better the next day after the flavors have had a good bit of time to meld, and will keep under refrigeration for a good 4-5 days in an airtight container.Print
4.8 g NET carbs per serving
- In a large pot filled about 2/3 of the way with water, add 1 tbsp. salt and bring it to the boil. While you’re waiting, fill a bowl with water and ice to make an ice bath.
- Add the fresh broccoli and cauliflower florets and return to a boil.
- Blanch florets for 3 minutes, then immediately remove the florets from the boiling water and directly into the ice bath with a slotted spoon (or quickly drain into a collander then immediately plunge into the ice bath) to refresh and stop the cooking process. The broccoli should be bright green and all the florets should still be pretty crisp. Drain once cool to the touch.
- In a mixing bowl, combine blanched florets, seasoned salt, ranch dip, cheddar, scallions, and crumbled bacon. Toss until coated.
- Chill in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours prior to serving. Serve cold.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 252.4
- Fat: 21.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.9 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 8.8 g
Keywords: Salad, Broccoli, Cheddar, Bacon, Ranch