Mmmmmm. Baked BBQ Chicken. Juicy, crisp chicken thighs slathered in KETO BBQ Sauce. Make every day chicken exciting again!
Fast, no mess, and simple as can be. Sling the chicken in the marinade the night or morning before, toss them in the oven to bake, smother them in KETO BBQ Sauce (made in advance) and finish them off under the broiler (grill). Throw together a salad. Dinner = done.
(NOTE: I also cooked two skinless chicken breasts using the exact same method just to see how they fared. Not to be recommended. Significantly drier than the skin-on thighs. Plus, you know, the skin is the best bit. More upside to thighs: cheaper).
Baked BBQ Chicken
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 35 mins | Total time: 45 mins | Serves: 4
What You Need
- ½ cup / 4 fl. oz coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 8 chicken thighs – skin on
- Coconut oil spray
- 1 cup / 8 fl. oz KETO BBQ Sauce (click for recipe)
What You Do
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper together well to make marinade.
- Place chicken thighs in a single layer in a casserole or similar dish.
- Pour marinade over chicken making sure to coat each piece.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and place in the ‘fridge overnight, or for a minimum of several hours, shaking the dish periodically to redistribute the marinade.
- Heat the over to 375 F.
- Spray a baking sheet with coconut oil spray and lay the chicken thighs skin side down.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken thighs skin side up and bake for a further 10 minutes. Juices should run clear when chicken is pierced with a sharp knife.
- Remove from the oven and brush each chicken piece liberally with KETO BBQ Sauce.
- Place under the broiler (grill) until they are bubbling, watching carefully to make sure they do not burn.
- Remove from under the heat and serve.
Top Recipe Tips
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More chicken recipes
- More sauces / dressings recipes
- Come laugh and learn with us over at The Ketovangelist Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Ketovangelist Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!