- 20 oz (567 g) frozen cauliflower rice, prepared according to the package directions
- 2 tbsp (1 oz/28 g) butter, salted
- 1 1/2 c (12 fl oz/355 ml) heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- pinch mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp glucomannan powder
- 8 oz (227 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz (113 g) sliced cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare an 11″x7″ baking dish.
- Spread the cooked caulirice evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted and foamy, stir in the heavy cream and cook over medium heat until it starts steaming.
- Whisk in the seasonings, then sprinkle the glucomannan powder into the heavy cream while whisking thoroughly.
- Continue to cook over medium heat until it just starts to thicken. Turn the heat to low.
- Add the shredded cheese, a handful at a time, while whisking to melt and combine. When the cheese is all in and melted into the sauce, remove from the heat and pour over the caulirice in the baking dish.
- Stir well to distribute the cheese sauce evenly, then smooth the top and lay cheese slices so that they cover most of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until the cheese on top is good and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let stand ten minutes before serving.
Per 1/8 Casserole: 366 cal, 12.7 g protein, 33.2 g fat, 6.2 g carbs, 1.8 g fiber, 4.4 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/8 casserole