4.7 g NET carbs per 1/8 recipe
For the chicken:
- 3 lb (48 oz) boneless, skinless chicken meat
- water to cover
- 2 whole scallions, trimmed
- 2″ chunk ginger root, peeled and roughly chopped
For the accompaniment:
- 1 lb (16 oz) seedless cucumber, trimmed and cut into julienne (cut into matchsticks)
- 4 packages Miracle Noodles, angel hair, drained, rinsed and prepared according to the package direction
For the sauce:
- 36 g scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c (4fl oz) coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp sugar free liquid smoke
- 1/3 c (2.64 fl oz) sesame oil
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz) chili oil
- 4 tsp Sichuan peppercorns (OR 2 tsp each black peppercorns and whole coriander seed)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2-4 drops liquid stevia (if desired)
- 2 c (16 fl oz) reserved poaching liquid
Poach the chicken:
- Fill a large pot about 2/3 of the way with water and add ginger and whole scallions.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the raw chicken to the boiling water and bring the liquid back to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling again, turn the heat to low, cover, and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside to rest.
- Reserve 2 c (16 fl oz) of the poaching liquid.
Make the sauce:
- In a dry skillet on low heat, lightly toast the peppercorns (or the peppercorns and coriander seeds) until just fragrant.
- Mix the toasted peppercorns and all other sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
Shred the chicken:
- With a rolling pin, beat/pound the cooked and rested chicken, a few pieces at a time to shred.
- Repeat until all the chicken is shredded.
- In a bowl, layer Miracle Noodles, julienne cut cucumber, chicken, and top with sauce. Repeat for each individual serving.
Since you won’t be consuming any of the aromatic ingredients in the poaching liquid, I didn’t include the ginger and extra scallion in the macros.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 385.2
- Fat: 21.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.9 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 39.1 g
Keywords: Bang Bang Chicken, Chinese, Sichuan