Broccoli Cheddar Casserole, topped with crunchy crushed Ritz crackers, was a staple growing up but is full of non-keto ingredients. Now, you can enjoy this classic dish in a completely keto-friendly way!
Notes: Feel free to change up the cheese, as desired. I used cheddar, because that's how I've always eaten broccoli cheese casserole, but a good quality smoked variety would be super nice in this dish. If you prefer florets to cut broccoli, just be sure to chop it into bite-sized pieces. For fresh broccoli, I would consider blanching prior to assembling the casserole.Print
This is one of the few recipes on the site that uses a lot volume measurements instead of weights. That’s because it works best in a volume ratio.
- 1 tbsp. (1/2 oz/ 14 g) butter
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 1/3 c celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 square packages (20 oz/ 567 g total) frozen cut broccoli, defrosted and drained
- 1/2 c cheddar, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard powder
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 oz (28 g) pork rinds, crushed
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp (1 oz/ 28 g) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a casserole dish.
- In a small sauce or sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp. butter over medium until hot. Sauté onion, celery, and garlic until just translucent. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the broccoli and cheddar to the mixing bowl and toss to combine with the cooked vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine the heavy cream, mayonnaise, and seasonings and mix well. Stir into the broccoli mixture, toss to coat, and spread into a casserole dish.
- Combine the crushed pork rinds with the parmesan cheese and sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole. Drizzle evenly with melted butter.
- Bake the casserole for 35 minutes, or until it is bubbly and the topping is crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Per serving: 217.2 cal, 4.3 g protein, 24.1 g fat, 5.5 g carbs, 2.3 g fiber, 3.2 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
Keywords: Broccoli Cheddar, Broccoli Casserole, Casserole