- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) small shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined, tail off, and dried
- 6 tbsp (3 oz/ 369 g) butter, salted, divided
- 1 tsp your favorite (sugar- and starch-free) Cajun seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 oz (43 g) onion, finely diced
- 20 oz (567 g) frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt, or your favorite salt blend
- 1 small can (4 oz/ 113 g) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp glucomannan powder
- 4 oz (113 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- a little chopped or dried parsley, to garnish
- In a large skillet, melt half of the butter over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter has come up to temperature, add the cleaned shrimp to the skillet and cook until just pink and translucent. Seafood cooks fast, so this will take only a few minutes.
- When the shrimp just begins to look done, sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning, give it another good stir for a minute, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the rest of the butter and turn the heat down to medium. Be sure to scrape up any seasonings left in the bottom of the pan so it mixes with the melting butter and doesn’t burn.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet as soon as the butter is melted and up to temperature, and sauté until the onion is translucent and softening.
- Stir in the frozen cauliflower rice and Seasoned Salt, making sure to break up any chunks as it cooks.
- Cook the caulirice mixture for five minutes, then add in the green chilies and continue to cook another 3-4 minutes until the cauliflower is mostly cooked through and the majority of the liquid in the pan has evaporated.
- Sprinkle the glucomannan over the heavy cream while whisking vigorously, then pour it directly into the pan with the caulirice.
- Let cook another minute or two to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the cheese to melt, then stir in the reserved Cajun shrimp to heat through, another minute or two, maximum.
- Remove from the heat immediately, garnish with parsley, and serve.
Per serving: 352.5 cal, 25.7 g protein, 25.3 g fat, 8 g carbs, 2.9 g fiber, 5.1 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Keywords: Shrimp, Fish, Seafood, Lent