During this weird time, when people are being encouraged to keep their shopping limited, I've spent evenings kind of throwing stuff together in attempts to make a really tasty meal of whatever I happen to have on hand. Cheesy Chicken Verde is the result on one such attempt. It's simple to prep, bakes up fairly quickly, and is packed with flavor. It also goes really well with my low carb Rotel Rice on the side to round out your keto Tex-Mex meal. If you like cheese and you like Tex-Mex, this easy dish is a weeknight winner.
Round out your Tex-Mex-style meal with a side of Rotel Rice.
- 1 1/2 lb (24 oz/ 680 g) chicken thighs, boneless and skinless (look for a package of six thighs)
- 1 brick (8 oz/ 227 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) salsa verde
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 4 oz (113 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking dish.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, stir together the softened cream cheese, salsa verde, and seasonings.
- Top and spread each chicken thigh with an equal amount of the salsa verde mixture.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top of the chicken thighs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a thigh reaches 165 degrees F. The cheeses should be melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let stand ten minutes to rest before serving hot.
Per serving: 348 cal, 24.9 g protein, 26.4 g fat, 4.3 g carbs, 0.1 g fiber, 4.2 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Keywords: Tex-mex, chicken, cheese, salsa verde, cheesy chicken verde, chicken, poultry, main dishes