Round out your Tex-Mex-style meal with a side of Rotel Rice.
- 1 1/2 lb (24 oz/ 680 g) chicken thighs, boneless and skinless (look for a package of six thighs)
- 1 brick (8 oz/ 227 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) salsa verde
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 4 oz (113 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking dish.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, stir together the softened cream cheese, salsa verde, and seasonings.
- Top and spread each chicken thigh with an equal amount of the salsa verde mixture.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top of the chicken thighs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a thigh reaches 165 degrees F. The cheeses should be melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let stand ten minutes to rest before serving hot.
Per serving: 348 cal, 24.9 g protein, 26.4 g fat, 4.3 g carbs, 0.1 g fiber, 4.2 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Keywords: Tex-mex, chicken, cheese, salsa verde, cheesy chicken verde, chicken, poultry, main dishes