- 2 tbsp bacon drippings
- 3 1/2 oz chicken hearts, ground or minced in the food processor
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) Bison Chorizo (or ground sausage)
- 2 oz (57 g) yellow onion, diced
- 1 oz (28 g) celery, diced
- 1 oz (28 g) green bell pepper, diced
- 1 oz (28 g) jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 20 oz (567 g) frozen cauliflower rice, broken up
- 1 c (8 fl oz/ 240 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning (sugar-free)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp salted butter (ghee or avocado oil may be used for those with dairy issues)
- In a large skillet, heat the bacon drippings over medium-high.
- Add the chicken hearts to the skillet and cook a minute or two to get it going.
- Stir in the buffalo chorizo and continue to cook over medium-high heat.
- Once the meats are about half done, stir in the garlic, onion, celery, bell pepper, and jalapeno and continue cooking until the meat is browned through, stirring often.
- Add the caulirice, broth, and seasonings to the mixture and stir well.
- Turn down the heat to medium and put the lid on. Cook with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook over medium, stirring frequently, another 5-10 minutes, or until most of the liquid is evaporated and the caulirice is cooked through.
- Add the butter and stir to melt, then remove from the heat and serve hot.
Per 1/6 of the recipe: 292 cal, 26.1 g protein, 18.5 g fat, 6.7 g carbs, 2.9 g fiber, 3.8 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Keywords: Cajun, Louisiana, creole, dirty rice, organ meats, us wellness meats, chorizo, bison, buffalo, sausage