Today we dive into the world of a food item that not many today typically would say they care for. It’s very nutritious in a very literal sense and something, that when prepared correctly, can be very enjoyable despite its stinky reputation. Join us today as we discuss liver and how you can add this fantastic meat into your keto world. There might also be a little kitty drama and moving drama as well.
23:20 Topic: Liver
- Carrie says lamb liver is milder than some other options and can be an excellent way to ease your way into incorporating liver into your diet.
- It’s not often on the shelf in America, but you can ask for it at the meat counter or butcher shop and usually be able to get it.
- BTW, don’t be afraid of talking to your butcher.
- Butchers(instead of meat counter in a supermarket) sometimes can wiggle a bit on the price and product choice.
- Be proud of your Liver request.
Liver is really, really good for you.
- Liver is one of the most nutritionally dense meat items we can eat, meaning it’s really, really good for you.
- Concentrations of micronutrients build up in the liver. It is higher in cholesterol but is relatively low in fat.
- That’s a good thing(being low fat) because you get to customize the fat choice when you cook the liver(Suggestions: ghee, butter, or add bacon).
- Very flavorful. There’s nothing that tastes like liver.
- Brian thinks that liver and onions became associated with the older generation and was uncool.
- Carries going to make liver cool again.
- You can get liver from pig, ox, lamb, calf, chicken, and goose(faux gras is Carrie’s favorite).
- It can be Baked, boiled, broiled, fried, stirred, raw, pretty much cooked any way you want.
- Can be made into a spread(pâté or chopped liver), used for sausage, and you can hide the liver by chopping it very finely and adding it to ground beef.
- Note: Doesn’t have such a strong flavor when made into pâté.
- You can get poisoned by overeating liver(due to a very high concentration of vitamin A which is stored in our bodies instead of passed if not used).
- Liver is very, very good brain food(all the B vitamin’s!).
- You can get it in desiccated liver pills are huge and don’t taste good at all but a good way to incorporate it into your diet if you can’t cook it.
54:30 – Liver Recipes (Full recipes will be posted in time, but not right now)
- Liver and Onions 3 ways
1:14:09 – Motivation Monday(see below)
Eat liver, just make sure it doesn’t come from a polar bear.
One day, or Day one, you decide!
- Cows can get into your house and like to stand over you while your sleeping
- Livers are growing everywhere; you cannot produce a lamb without a liver.
- Carrie would like to advocate for a yearly eating your way through your freezer.
- Brian thinks moving is fun.
Make sure to check out our new book to help kickstart the new year and stay locked into the keto way of life.
Also, don’t forget about Ketovangelist Unlimited. Check it out for exclusive Recipes, Meal plans, Workouts, and much more: Ketovangelist Unlimited
And who can forget Ketocon it will be here before you know it. Get your tickets now: https://www.ketocon.org/