Today we discuss Sardines and why you should be eating them and why you likely aren’t already. They are super awesome both in flavor and nutrition so you don’t want to miss out.
“Sardines are the answer to just about everything except “What to eat on a plane?” – Carrie Brown
1:34 – Announcements…from the future!
- Brian is officially self-employed working full time for Ketovangelist
- Brian also got a Tattoo and more are planned
- Carrie(at the time of recording) was up in the air as to if the house has been sold or not.
12:59 – Review(See below)
31:46 – Sardines
- Sardines are oily so they are very Keto friendly and naturally fatty
- Related to herrings
- Available worldwide
- Comes in many different canned varieties
- Full of fat and flavorful
- varieties include: Smoked, salted, frozen, or canned
- They get better with age(like Hugh Jackman)
- Tip: Do not store sardines in the refrigerator as the oils would solidify
- Avoid the boneless as they have less flavor and lower calcium
- Avoid canned sardines in vegetable or canola oil
- Very low in contaminants like mercury
- Great road trip food
- Very rich in vitamins and minerals
- High in b2, niacin, very high in b12
- Great brain food
- Used for energy metabolism
- High in major minerals, phosphorous, potassium, calcium, iron, selenium
- Natural source of marine omega 3 fatty acids which will help reduce cardiovascular decease and decrease chances for development of Alzheimer’s
- Omega 3 fatty acids can also help lower blood sugar levels
- Great way to get your “supplements” from food instead of having to take a pill
Things that go well with Sardines:
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
1:11:08 – Motivation Monday
You can’t reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday’s junk.
Review and Facebook post:
Make sure to check out our new book to help kickstart the new year and stay locked into the keto way of life.
Also, don’t forget about Ketovangelist Unlimited. Check it out for exclusive Recipes, Meal plans, Workouts, and much more: Ketovangelist Unlimited
And who can forget KetoCon it will be here before you know it. Get your tickets now: https://www.ketocon.org/