Ah, Herbed Celery Cucumber Salad. A fresh, crispy, crunchy burst of flavor in your mouth. One of the things a lot of folks miss on KETO is crunch. This lovely salad has it in spades. Not only that, but this incredibly simple, and seemingly ordinary salad will surprise the heck out of your taste buds.
This salad has all the flavor and all the crunch going on. It’s a cinch to toss together, and will pair well with just about any entree or protein you choose to serve it with, so it might just become your favorite go-to salad. You can mix it up by changing the salad mix you use as the base. Butter lettuce is my favorite, but here I used mixed baby lettuces.
Herbed Celery Cucumber Salad
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: o | Total time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
What You Need
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1½ English cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced crosswise (see notes)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 3 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bag of mixed salad greens
What You Do
- Toss the sliced celery, sliced cucumber, chopped parsley and mint, plus the olive oil, into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a shallow serving dish or platter spread a bed of the mixed salad greens.
- Spoon the celery / cucumber mixture over the greens leaving the salad around the edge of the dish uncovered.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with sprigs of parsley and mint.
Top Recipe Tips
- Peel the cucumbers with a peeler. Cut off the ends. Cut the whole cucumber in half crosswise. Cut each piece in half lengthwise. Run a teaspoon down the center of the cucumber to cleanly and easily remove the seeds, leaving you with hollowed out cucumber “boats”. Then slice thinly crosswise.
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More sides recipes
- Laugh and learn with us over at The Ketovangelist Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Ketovangelist Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks! All titles available in both digital and physical versions.