I thought it was about time I showed you how to make some scrumptious tarts from recipes you already know and love, so you can see how to use some of your simple KETO staples to make something that looks like you got it from a fancy pastry shop. I give you Lemon Mascarpone Tarts. These are a riff on a tart that I used to make when I was a Pastry Chef in Perth, Western Australia.
Perfect for a special dinner, these tarts will make your friend and family gasp at your level of Kitchen Rockstarness. They will also never believe they are gluten-, grain-, and sugar-free. Or that they are KETO. This may well be the tart that persuades your non-KETO friends and family that they can do this KETO thing.
These deliciously tart and creamy Lemon Mascarpone Tarts would make a spectacular addition to your holiday table. Move over Pecan Pie and Pumpkin Pie! These scrumptious tarts can be made several days ahead of time, making life in the kitchen so much easier on the day.
Think you aren’t a rockin’ KETO Pastry Chef? You are now!
Lemon Mascarpone Tarts
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 15 mins | Total time: 15 mins | Serves: 12
What You Need
- Lemon Shortbread Cookie Dough
- KETO Lemon Curd
- 1 cup / 8 fl oz. heavy cream
- 8 oz. / 225g mascarpone cheese
- 1 lemon zest, very finely grated
What You Do
- Make a batch of Lemon Shortbread Cookie Dough following the recipe link above.
- Once you have a soft dough, pull off pieces and press evenly into the base and up the sides of individual tartlet tins. I used 4 inch tins. Use a sharp knife to trim off any excess dough above the tins.
- Prick the bases of the tarts with a fork to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Place the tartlet tins onto a baking sheet and place in the center of the oven at 300F.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the tarts to cool completely.
- Once cold, carefully remove the tarts from the tins, using the tip of a knife to ease them out if necessary.
- Store in an airtight container overnight.
- Fill each tartlet with KETO Lemon Curd following the recipe link above, using a palette knife to give a smooth, even top the same height as the tarts.
- In a bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff.
- In a separate bowl whip the mascarpone cheese just until it is soft. Do not overwhip!
- Fold the whipped cream carefully into the mascarpone cheese until completely mixed.
- Spoon the cheese cream into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe stars around the edge of each tartlet.
- Pipe a star in the center of each tartlet.
- Sprinkle with very finely grated lemon zest.
Top Recipe Tips
- You can make the tart cases and lemon curd several days ahead of time and assemble when you need them. Store the tart cases in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. Store the lemon curd in an airtight glass container in the fridge.
- I used 4 inch fluted tart tins, but you can use other sizes – bear in mind this will get you more or less tarts than I did using the 4 inch ones.
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More baked goods recipes
- Laugh and learn with us over at The Ketovangelist Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Ketovangelist Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!