For the rub: minus fiber and 7.4 g sugar alcohol = 1 g NET carbs per serving
For the ribs and rub: minus fiber and 7.4 g sugar alcohol = 1.1 g NET carbs per serving
For the Rub:
- 44 g Swerve Brown, or equivalent brown sweetener
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Garam Masala (I used the McCormick Gourmet blend)
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar-free liquid smoke
For the Ribs:
- 3 lb country-style pork ribs
- small amount of prepared yellow mustard to baste, if desired (2 fl oz or less)
To make the rub:
- In a small bowl, combine all rub ingredients and mix well.
- May store in an airtight container (like a mason jar) on the counter for up to a week. Be sure to stir it well to break it up if not using it immediately.
To make the ribs:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F and line a large baking sheet (with sides) or a casserole dish with foil.
- Brush a coat of mustard on the ribs then rub them down on all sides, using most or all of the rub. Alternatively, you can omit the mustard and rub them dry.
- Cover the rubbed ribs with more foil, and close the top and bottom sheets well, folding them together, so that the ribs are basically in a foil pouch.
- Bake for 2 hours at 250 degrees F.
- Remove the top foil to uncover the ribs, baste with your favorite sauce, if desired, or leave them dry and continue to bake, uncovered, for another hour at 250 degrees F.
- After the last hour, remove from oven and let stand ten minutes to rest, then serve as desired. Alternatively, you may run them under your broiler for 1-2 minutes to create a slight char/bark, then rest 10 minutes and serve.
This recipe should easily serve 6-8 (and the rub alone could serve more depending on how much meat you cook and how heavy you go with it), but I calculated all macros assuming 6 servings.
Macros for the rub alone (assumes 6 svgs): 6 cal, 0.2 G protein, 0.1 g fat, 8.7 g total carbs, 0.3 g fiber, 7.4 g sugar alcohol
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 622.4
- Fat: 43.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 53 g
Keywords: Country-style ribs, rib rub, BBQ, barbecue