When you need a tasty KETO meal on the go, look no further than these Mushroom Leek Egg Muffins. Throwing a party or lunchtime buffet for friends? Mushroom Leek Egg Muffins are just right for that, too. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack – these fit the bill.
Filled with my two favorite veggies – leeks (we even did an entire podcast episode about them) and mushrooms – they are a perfectly portable piece of KETO awesome.
A cinch to whip together, and kids love them too. Make a batch (or two!) on Sunday to grab from the fridge during the week when things get hectic.
Mushroom Leek Egg Muffins
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Total time: 40 mins | Serves: 4 – 6
What You Need
- 3 oz. / 85g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 oz. / 110g leeks, sliced thinly and slices cut in half cross-ways
- 2 oz / 55g sharp Cheddar, grated
- 12 eggs
- 1 tsp dried sage
- ground black pepper
- ¼ cup / 2 fl oz. heavy cream
What You Do
- Place 12 silicone baking cups in a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, mix leeks, mushrooms and cheese well.
- Divide veggie cheese mix evenly between the 12 silicone cups.
- Place eggs, sage, pepper and heavy cream in the bowl and whisk very well to make sure the eggs are completely broken up.
- Pour egg mixture into a measuring jug (or other container with a pouring lip) and then carefully fill each silicone cup. The cups should be almost full.
- Carefully place the muffin pan into the center of the oven, pre-heated to 375 degrees F.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the quiche cups are risen, puffy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and carefully tip each quiche cup out of the silicone cups.
- Eat immediately or, if making in advance, allow to cool completely before packing in a storage container and placing in the ‘fridge.
Top Recipe Tips
- The veggies will cook in the oven along with the eggs, so there is no need to pre-cook them. Saving time right there!
- Use dried sage as opposed to fresh as they are cooking for a while.
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More egg recipes
- More leek recipes
- Laugh and learn with us over at The Ketovangelist Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Ketovangelist Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!