- 1 1/2 lb (24 oz/ 680 g) carne picada beef (minced beef)
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) avocado oil
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp (1 1/2 fl oz/ 44 ml) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (1/2 fl oz/ 15 ml) white vinegar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2-3 drops liquid stevia, if desired
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- cilantro to garnish, if desired
- In a bowl, mix avocado oil, coconut aminos, lime juice, black pepper, vinegar, cumin, liquid stevia (if desired), and minced garlic to make the marinade.
- Place your meat into a lidded container or zip top bag to marinate.
- Pour the marinade evenly over the beef and mix to coat evenly.
- Put the lid on and refrigerate for two hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and add to the skillet to stir fry until browned and cooked through. If you want to dump the whole thing into the pan, be sure the meat cooks through and that the marinade liquid comes to a boil and cooks at a boil for 1-2 minutes, minimum.
- Once cooked through, remove from the heat and serve hot, as desired. Top your finished dish with cilantro for a little extra zip!
Macros assume you’re eating all the marinade with the meat. If you drain the meat before cooking, the carb count will be incidental.
For 1/6 recipe and marinade: 300 cal, 22.2 g protein, 20.5 g fat, 3.4 g carbs, 0.2 g fiber, 0 g sugar alcohol, 3.2 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Keywords: Carne Picada, Tex-Mex, nightshade free