This rich and filling soup is especially wonderful with a grilled ham and cheese on 90-second bread, or some toasted up cauliflower sandwich thins, like those from Outer Aisle. 6.6 NET carbs
- 3 tbsp. butter, salted
- 2 oz onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. pimento, chopped
- 1 tsp konjac/glucommanan powder
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz broccoli florets, chopped small-ish
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pinches smoked paprika
- 4 oz shredded cheddar (it’s best with sharp or extra sharp cheddar)
- black pepper, fresh cracked, to taste
- Melt the butter in a pot or large saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add onion and pimentos, and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Sprinkle the konjac/glucommanan powder over the mixture, stirring constantly, and cook until the onion just starts to brown.
- Pour in the stock and cream, and stir well.
- Toss in the broccoli, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook at a simmer for ten minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Add seasonings and stir well, then use an immersion blender to crush and cream some of the broccoli into the soup. If you don’t have an immersion blender, that’s OK! Pulse about half the soup through a food processor or blender several times to blend in some of the broccoli. You want the soup to be creamy, but still have a goodly amount of broccoli pieces chunked into the mixture, so it doesn’t need to be completely smooth.
- Add cheddar cheese to the pot, and stir until it’s melted into the soup.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe (296 g per)
- Calories: 432.3
- Fat: 39.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.4 g (see Description for NET carbs)
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 12.1 g