1.4 g NET carbs per serving
For the seasoning mix:
- 28 g (1 oz) coconut flour
- 28 g (1 oz) finely grated parmesan cheese (the stuff in the green tube can is fine)
- 56 g (2 oz) very finely crushed pork rinds (best done in a food processor)
- 1/2 tbsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp minced dehydrated onion
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp dried parsely
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried, rubbed sage
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz) avocado oil
- 2 lb (32 oz) boneless, skinless chicken meat, cut into nugget sizes
- In a gallon-sized zip top bag, combine all dry ingredients in the seasoning mix. Close the bag and shake it to mix well.
- Add the meat and oil to the bag and close the top. Don’t let all the air out. Having some air in the bag makes it easier to shake.
- Shake to coat.
- When the meat pieces are fairly evenly coated, remove the nuggets from the bag and arrange in a single layer in your air fryer, or as directed by your machine’s instructions. Discard any remaining seasoning mixture.
- Turn the air fryer on to 375 degrees F and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip the nuggets and cook an additional 5-10 minutes until both sides are golden and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the air fryer and cool slightly before serving.
Macros assume all seasoning and oil is consumed. Also assumes white meat chicken is used.
For dark meat chicken, or boneless thigh meat, per serving: 311 cal, 26.8 g protein, 20.7 g fat, 2.8 g total carbohydrate, 1.4 g fiber, 1.4 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/4 lb chicken (raw weight)
- Calories: 264.4
- Fat: 13.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.8 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 31.1 g
Keywords: Shake-N-Bake, Air Fried, Chicken, Nuggets