4.8 g NET carbs per serving
- 2 lb (32 oz/907 g) fatty ground beef (75/25 or 73/27)
- 50 g (1.75 oz) yellow onion, diced
- 50 g (1.75 oz) celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz can (approx. 420 g) green beans, drained
- 4 oz can (approx. 113 g) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp sugar free liquid smoke
- 1 c (8 fl oz) beef broth
- 1/2 tsp glucomannan powder
- 20 oz (567 g) frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 stick (4 oz/113 g) salted butter
- 1/2 c (8 tbsp/approx. 115 g) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a large casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, begin browning the ground beef over medium-high heat.
- Once the meat has begun giving off its juices, add the onion, celery, and garlic to the skillet to cook with the meat. Continue cooking until the beef is browned.
- Add green beans, mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, 1 tsp of the Seasoned Salt, black pepper, and liquid smoke to the skillet and stir.
- Measure out the beef broth, then whisk the glucomannan powder into it briefly to combine. Add the mixture to the skillet, then cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or so, to thicken the sauce.
- Transfer the meat mixture to the casserole dish and smooth the top. Set aside.
- Cook the riced cauliflower until very soft, according to package directions, in batches if necessary.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower rice to a blender or food processor, add the butter, sour cream, chives, and remaining 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt, and process until it’s a smooth purée.
- Spoon the cauliflower mixture evenly over the meat mixture and smooth the top.
- Bake at 350 desires F for 35-40 minutes, or until it’s bubbly and the top is browned to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes to rest before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 485
- Fat: 35.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5 g (see Description for NET carbs)
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 33.5 g
Keywords: Shepherd's pie, beef, cauliflower, comfort food