- 2 cans (29 oz/ 822 g total) canned salmon, drained
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 c crushed pork rinds (approx. 1 ½ oz/ 43 g), OR 1/2 c each almond flour and Parmesan cheese (for a 100% pescatarian option)
- ¼ c scallions, sliced
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- ½ c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) refined coconut oil, avocado oil, or bacon drippings (or as needed for frying)
- Mix salmon, beaten egg, pork rinds, scallions, and Seasoned Salt in a mixing bowl.
- Form into 16 balls, compressing them to get out any excess moisture, and flattening into patties with your palms, and set aside to rest. The patties will be a little delicate, so handle carefully.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil or dippings over medium-high until hot.
- When the oil is ready, pan fry the salmon patties in batches (don’t overcrown the pan!) until brown and crispy on one side (about 3-4 minutes), then very gently flip and repeat on the second side, pressing down to flatten slightly.
- Flip once more to cook another 30 seconds on the first side, then remove to drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot!
Per 2 patties: 322.6 cal, 30.3 g protein, 22 g fat, 0.3 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 0.3 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 2 cooked patties
Keywords: Salmon, Fish, Seafood, Lent