0.3g NET carbs per serving
- 2 cans (29 oz total) canned salmon, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c crushed pork rinds (approx. 1 ½ oz), OR 1/2 c each almond flour and Parmesan cheese (for a 100% pescatarian option)
- ¼ c scallions, sliced
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- ½ c coconut oil, avocado oil, or bacon drippings (or as needed for frying)
- Mix salmon, beaten egg, pork rinds, scallions, and Seasoned Salt in a mixing bowl.
- Form into 16 balls, compressing them to get out any excess moisture, and flattening into patties with your palms, and set aside to rest. The patties will be a little delicate, so handle carefully.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil or dippings over medium-high until hot.
- When the oil is ready, pan fry the salmon patties in batches (don’t overcrown the pan!) until brown and crispy on one side (about 3-4 minutes), then very gently flip and repeat on the second side, pressing down to flatten slightly.
- Flip once more to cook another 30 seconds on the first side, then remove to drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot!
- Serving Size: 2 cooked patties
- Calories: 322.6
- Fat: 22 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 30.3 g
Keywords: Salmon, Fish, Seafood, Lent