- 1 lb (16 oz/ 464 g) bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 2 lb (32 oz/ 907 g) ground beef, 75/25
- 1 large can (28 oz/ 794 g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium (approx. 3.9 oz/ 110 g) yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c (8 of oz/ 237 ml) beef broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, begin cooking bacon pieces over medium-high heat.
- When the bacon is about halfway done, add the ground beef to the skillet and continue to cook, stirring to break the beef up, until the beef is completely cooked through.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked meats to your slow cooker, discard any liquid left in the pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir very well to distribute all the seasonings.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve hot, garnished with cheddar and sliced scallions (as shown), or as desired.
Per 1/8 of the recipe: 633 cal, 52.5 g protein, 41.1 g fat, 11.7 g carbs, 2.8 g fiber, 8.9 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
Keywords: Slow cooker, chili, beef and bacon