- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) ground beef
- 1.7 oz (48 g) diced onion
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) radish, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c (16 fl oz/ 473 ml) beef broth
- 1/2 c (4 oz/ 113 g) sour cream
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic salt, divided
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp glucomannan powder
- 4 oz (113 g) cream cheese, cubed or cut into chunks
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Once it’s started giving off its juices, add the onion and 1/2 tsp garlic salt and continue to cook through. Set aside.
- In a slow cooker, layer prepped radish rounds, mushrooms, then the ground beef mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the beef broth, sour cream, Dijon mustard, remaining 1/2 tsp garlic salt, pepper, onion powder, and chives. Whisk together until the sour cream is well-mixed into the broth.
- Whisk the glucomannan powder into the broth mixture, then pour evenly over the layered mixture in the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for four to six hours, or until radishes are tender.
- Stir the mixture together then ladle out a good 1/2 c to 1 c of the liquid into a blender or immersion blender cup.
- Add the cream cheese to the liquid in the blender or immersion blender cup and run until cheese has fully melted and is smoothly emulsified in the liquid.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture back into the pot and stir well.
- Serve hot.
Per 1/6 recipe: 340.6 cal, 26 g protein, 22.8 g fat, 7.9 g carbs, 2.2 g fiber, 5.7 g NET carbs
Keywords: slow cooker, beef, stroganoff