These Smoked Salmon Baked Eggs are more assembly than anything else, and take just a few minutes to throw together before you sling them in the oven so they can get on with the whole baked part on their own.
The smoked salmon I used here is what is generally referred to as ‘lox’ in the US. The type that is pink, translucent, sliced very thinly, and shoved with swathes of cream cheese between two halves of a bagel by non-KETO folks.
Salmon is incredibly nutritious, and swimming (!!! sorry) in omega-3s, which is something we should all aim to consume more of. Smoked salmon is also extremely convenient because you just open the packet and use it. There’s no filleting, heads and tails, skinning, or tricky cooking involved. And while you can eat it cold straight out of the packet, heating it up with some cream and eggs makes a terrifically tasty meal at any time of day.
Smoked Salmon Baked Eggs
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Total time: 20 mins | Serves: 1
What You Need
- ½ TBSP butter
- 3 TBSP heavy (double) cream
- 2 oz / 55g chopped smoked salmon (lox)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 eggs
What You Do
- Grease small ramekin-type dish with butter.
- Put cream in bottom of dish.
- Place salmon pieces on bottom of dish, sprinkle with chives and season.
- Crack eggs carefully over the salmon.
- Place dish in a baking pan and pour water in the pan until it is half way up the sides of ramekin dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 F until eggs are just cooked.
Top Recipe Tips
- Smoked salmon has a long shelf life unopened, so keep some on hand in your ‘fridge for times when you need a super-quick meal.
- For dairy-free use thick coconut milk instead of cream.
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More egg recipes
- More fish recipes
- Come laugh and learn with us over at The Ketovangelist Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Ketovangelist Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!