Minus fiber and 1.5 g sugar alcohol =
0.4 g NET carbs per tbsp
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (approx. 1 oz/ 28 g) packed brown sugar sweetener (I recommend Swerve Brown)
- 1 tbsp (1/2 oz/ 14 g) salted butter
- 1 tbsp (1/2 oz/ 14 g) chili garlic paste
- 1 tsp sugar free liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp maple extract
- In a saucepan, heat all ingredients over medium heat, whisking together until the butter melts and it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook at a simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand to cool before transferring to a mason jar.
- If not using immediately, put the lid on and store in the fridge. Use as desired.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 14
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.2 g (see Description for NET carbs)
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
Keywords: Carolina gold, Carolina sauce, mustard sauce, mustard vinegar, spicy mustard