6 NET carbs per serving
- 32 oz (907 g) yellow summer squash, rinsed and cut into 1/8″ rounds
- 6 tbsp (3 oz/ 85 g) salted butter, divided
- 1 oz (28 g) onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) heavy cream
- 4 oz (113 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 oz (28 g) crushed pork rinds
- 1 oz (28 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, melt 3 tbsp. the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter is hot and foamy, add the squash and onions to the skillet.
- Cook the squash over medium heat until very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the squash into a colander to drain.
- After any liquid has drained off, put the squash into a tea towel and squeeze as much excess moisture out as you can. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, heavy cream, and Seasoned Salt.
- Add the squash and shredded cheddar to the sour cream mixture and mix well to combine. Transfer mixture to the casserole dish and smooth out the top.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed pork rinds, parmesan, dried parsley, and garlic powder. Melt the remaining 3 tbsp butter.
- Sprinkle the pork rind mixture evenly over the top of the casserole, then drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake the casserole at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, until it’s bubbly and the topping is lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 5-10 minutes before serving hot.
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 32.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8 g (see Description for NET carbs)
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 11.3 g
Keywords: Squash casserole, summer squash