- 12 oz (340 g) cranberries, fresh
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) water
- 20 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp orange extract (optional, but recommended)
- 3 tbsp (approx 1 oz/ 28 g) granulated erythritol
- In a saucepan, heat cranberries and water over high until it comes to a boil. Let it boil for one minute.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer mixture for five minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the bottom from scorching.
- Remove from the heat and stir in liquid stevia and orange extract.
- Let stand for two minutes before stirring in erythritol. Stir it until the granules are dissolved completely.
- Put the cranberry sauce into your desired container and let stand on the counter until it is room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled or you’re ready to serve.
Additional erythritol sweetener may be added, to taste, one tablespoon at a time after the sauce has been off the heat for two minutes. Taste in between each addition.
Per 1 oz serving: 13 cal, 0.1 g protein, 0 g fat, 5.9 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 2.5 g sugar alcohol, 2.4 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1 oz