- 1 tbsp (1/2 fl oz/ 15 ml) avocado oil
- 2 tbsp (1 oz/ 28 g) salted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz (227 g) white mushrooms, sliced and quickly rinsed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- up to 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) beef broth or beef drippings (vegetarians may use vegetable broth or stock)
- 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/ 30 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp (1/2 oz/ 14 g) cream cheese, in small chunks
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat the avocado oil and butter in a skillet over medium until the butter is foamy.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Begin cooking the mushrooms in the same skillet over medium, about 5 minutes, until most of the liquid the mushrooms give off has evaporated.
- Season with salt and continue to cook another minute or two.
- Deglaze the pan with 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) beef broth or drippings, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to get up anything that may have stuck. If the broth bubbles off quickly, add a little more.
- Dot the pan with the cream cheese to melt, and stir in the heavy cream. Add another splash of broth to the skillet, as necessary if it looks dry, and stir until the cream cheese is fully melted.
- Once the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly and reduced to your liking, remove from the heat and stir in parsley, then garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot, as desired.
Per1/4 recipe: 159 cal, 5 G protein, 14.1 g fat, 2.9 g carbs, 0.7 g fiber, 2.2 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Keywords: Mushrooms, creamy, cream cheese, beef, savory, sides, toppings