- 1 stick (4 oz/ 113 g) salted butter, softened
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4-6 fresh sage leaves (for larger leaves use 4, for smaller use 6)
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Lay the sage leaves flat in a stack, one upon another. Roll the leaves, cigar-style, then slice across into thin ribbons. This is called a chiffonade
- In a small bowl combine the softened butter, minced garlic, thyme leaves, and chiffonade cut sage leaves. Mix well to distribute the herbs and garlic throughout.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate, OR spoon the butter onto plastic wrap and wrap in your desired shape. You may also use molds, if desired.
- Refrigerate until solid, or until ready to use.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 103
- Fat: 11.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.3 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
Keywords: Compound butter, garlic and herb