3.7 NET carbs per serving
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz) avocado oil
- 2 oz green bell pepper, diced
- 2 oz onion, diced
- 2 oz celery, diced
- 1 tsp konjac/ glucomannan powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb (24 oz) andouille sausage, sliced 1/4″ thick on the bias
- 2 lb (32 oz) chicken breast, cubed
- 3 c (24 fl oz) chicken broth
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning (look for one that includes file powder)
- 3/4 oz fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb (8 oz) medium shrimp, shelled, tail-off, and deveined
- 24 oz riced cauliflower, cooked al dente
- In a large stockpot, heat the oil over medium.
- Once the oil is hot, add the trinity vegetables and then sprinkle with the konjac/glucomannan powder.
- Cook over medium until the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown to your liking.
- Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the sausage to the pot and continue cooking, to slightly brown the sausage.
- Once the sausage begins browning, add the spices, broth, and chicken.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer with the lid off, for 2 hours.
- Ten minutes before the time is up, add shrimp to the pot. Once the shrimp is pink and cooked through, it’s done.
- Serve each portion over al dente caulirice. Alternatively, you may add the cooked caulirice to the pot right before serving and mix well.
- Serving Size: 1/12 recipe
- Calories: 383
- Fat: 20.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7 g
- Fiber: 1.96 g
- Protein: 43.2 g