0.3 g NET carbs per serving
- 3 lb (48 oz) pork loin roast
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz) bacon drippings, solidified
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 c (16 fl oz) water
- 2 tsp apple extract
- 1/2-1 tsp konjac/glucomannan powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a roasting pan with a rack.
- Mix together the solidified bacon drippings and the spices, and make into a spiced paste.
- Rub the entire outside of the roast with the spice-bacon drippings paste, and put the roast on the rack in the pan.
- In a bowl or liquid measuring cup, stir the apple extract into the water, then pour the mixture into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Roast the pork loin, uncovered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until done to medium, basting occasionally (every 20 minutes or so) with the liquid in the bottom of the pan. The roast is at medium doneness and ready to be pulled out of the oven to rest once it reaches 145 degrees F on an instant read thermometer when inserted into the center.
- Let roast stand, loosely covered with foil, while you make your pan sauce.
- Pour the apple flavored water/pan drippings from the bottom of the roasting pan into a large skillet and set it over high heat on the stove.
- Once it’s at a good simmer, sprinkle the top with 1/2 tsp konjac/glucomannan powder while whisking vigorously.
- Let it bubble on high until it’s thickened to your liking, adding up to an additional 1/2 tsp konjac/glucomannan powder, if needed.
- Once your sauce is done, remove it from the heat. Slice the pork roast, plate it, and drizzle each portion with the thickened pan sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/10 pork loin
- Calories: 341.9
- Fat: 18.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.6 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 39.2 g
Keywords: Pork, Pork Roast, Apple, Gravy, Pork Loin, Main Courses