Make these extra special- and extra pretty- by brushing the tops with melted butter mixed with a little garlic salt and dried parsley flakes. 2.4 NET carbs
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 cup almond flour, fine
- 10 grams collagen peptides
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Wet ingredients:
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 stick (4 tbsp.) salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (2 fl oz) heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin tin. I highly recommend using silicone liners for all keto muffins.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and heavy cream, and give the mixture a quick stir.
- Pour in melted butter and stir until completely incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Add cheese and stir until combined.
- Fill ten muffin cups with the batter. Fill any unused cups of the tin about 1/4 of the way with water to prevent scorching.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before eating.
If you do not have cream of tartar, or do not mind the small amount of cornstarch in baking powder, feel free to substitute 1 1/2 tsp baking powder for the cream of tartar and baking soda.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 204.1
- Fat: 17.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 7.7 g