5.7 g NET carbs per serving
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 2 oz yellow onion, diced
- 2 oz celery, diced
- 2 c (16 fl oz) chicken or vegetable broth (home made bone broth is best, but vegetable is preferable for a 100% vegetarian meal)
- 2 c (16 fl oz) water
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 c (8 fl oz) heavy cream
- 1 tsp konjac/glucomannan powder
- 1 (8 oz) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 c grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c grated smoked cheddar cheese (may be white or yellow)
- 20 oz cauliflower florets, cooked until very tender
- 1/4 c sliced scallions (green onion tops)
- additional shredded cheese, to top, as desired
- In a large soup or saucepan, heat butter over medium.
- In the same pot, add onion, celery and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add seasonings, broth, and water to the pot, bring to the boil, and then reduce heat to low to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle konjac/glucomannan powder over heavy cream and whisk in well. Whisk the heavy cream mixture into the simmering broth.
- Stir in cream cheese and the cheeses to melt.
- Once the cheeses have melted into the soup, add the cauliflower.
- With an immersion blender, blend the cauliflower into the soup until it’s as smooth as desired. If you don’t have an immersion blender, that’s OK! Simply transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and blend until it’s as smooth as you like it. Then return it to the pot, and portion it out to serve.
- Top each serving with ½ tbsp scallion and more cheese, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe (approx 1 c soup)
- Calories: 397.2
- Fat: 36.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.7 g
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 11.3 g
Keywords: Faux-tato, Soup, Vegetarian, Meatless Meals